Thursday, July 29, 2010

7 months




When we got married in December, we had a ceremony here in Mexico on December 12th and a ceremony in Charleston on December 29th. So technically we have two anniversaries. And in honor of today being our (2nd) 7 month anniversary, I wanted to share some things that I have learned since December...


Things marriage has taught me:


-how to cook! (I know, this is suprising, considering I used to hate to cook, but now that I have someone to cook for who loves to eat and enjoys my food, it´s kind of fun! And I´m getting pretty good at it if I do say so myself)


-when to walk away from an argument (I used to be the type of person that had to have the last word, but now I know when to step away)


-that I´m not always right (Say it ain´t so!!! I know, I´m in shock too, but I´m learning to admit when I´m wrong)


-how much fun it is to have a roommate, best friend, partner in crime, lover, fellow Christian, and go to guy all in one person


-that now I have to consider another person´s feelings, schedule, wants, needs, etc. besides just my own (which can be difficult sometimes, but I´m working on it)


-PATIENCE!!!! Which is a big deal to me, since I´m one of the most impatient people you will ever meet, but luckily Abe is extremely patient and it´s rubbing off on me


-how to go with the flow (again, I´m an advance planner/Type A person, so living in such a relaxed culture with such a happy-go-lucky, laid back guy has really calmed me down a lot)


There are lots of other things I´ve learned, but these are the first 7 that popped into my head. So a big thanks to my husband for putting up with me for the past 7 months, as I know I´m a pretty difficult person to live with! And Happy Anniversary Abe...te amo mucho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment