Friday, September 9, 2011

3 years

3 years ago yesterday, I came down to Mexico. I was completely alone when I flew out to Phoenix and then took a long bus ride down here. I´m sure a lot of people thought that I was out of my mind for coming down to Mexico alone. I mean really, who moves to Mexico? As a single female? Dangerous much? Haha I know my parents, family, and friends were a little concerned. I didn´t know anyone here and I didn´t really know anything about Hermosillo. My plan was just to teach English for 1 year and then go back to Charleston. And yet I´m still here 3 years later...God had better plans for me than I had for myself! Little did I know when I came down here that I would meet my husband and start a family down here, meet two of my best friends, find an amazing church, reignite my passion for Jesus and become involved in so many church activities. The Lord has blessed me so tremendously here and I´m so grateful! Although Hermosillo definitely has it´s faults (hotter than imaginable weather, no rain, no water, crazy drivers, etc.) overall, it is a fantastic place to live and start a family with my wonderful husband. I don´t know how long we will be here or what God´s plan for us is, but all I know is that I trust Him and I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey of the last 3 years. So, I will be listening closely to see what He has in store for us for the next 3 years! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment