Tuesday, September 20, 2011

23 weeks plus Independence Day

Here is my post, late as usual...

How far along: 23 weeks and 1 day

Due date: 1/16/12

Gender: BOY!

Symptoms: Still just occasional sciatic nerve pain (lower back)

Total weight gain: About 13/14 pounds...I don´t have a scale here at my house, so the only time I get weighed is at my doctor´s appointments every few weeks...

Food cravings: Still missing yummy, fresh Charleston seafood...only a few more days till I get to have some!

Food aversions: None, really

Movement: Lots, especially in the morning and at night, I love feeling his kicks and Abe can feel them now too! And I like watching my belly move when he kicks :-)

Stretch marks: None so far, thank goodness...

Maternity clothes: Pants definitely, shirts, I´m still getting away with normal shirts that stretch

Sleep: Not nearly as great as it used to be :-( I´m a stomach sleeper, which is impossible at this point in the pregnancy, so I rotate between my two sides with tons of pillows surrounding me and between my knees. I also get up to use the bathroom anywhere from 3-5 times a night...

Belly button–in or out: Somewhere in the middle, definitely not in, but still hasn´t popped completely out yet, kind of just laying flat and stretched out for now

Best thing that happened this week: Feeling my little boy move around and putting together his crib...all by myself! :-)

Any baby-related purchases this week: Nope, nothing this week

Milestones reached: Everyday with this little miracle is a milestone!

What size is the baby: According to the Bump, he´s about the size of a papaya, weighing a little over 1 pound and about 9 inches from his head to his butt

What I miss: Wine, playing soccer, dancing Zumba, eating cold deli meat sandwiches, sleeping on my stomach

What I am looking forward to: Going home to Charleston in 3 days! I´m so excited!!! I´ll be home for 3weeks and having my baby shower on Oct. 1st...can´t wait! :-)

Belly picture:



Here is his crib!



Also, Friday September 16th was Independence Day here in Mexico. On Thursday night, we had a big dinner/celebration at church. Here are some pictures from that night.

Me and Abe



Me and Emily (I look really tired...)

No comments:

Post a Comment